Low Fat, High Protein Muffins with Chocolate Chips
These are the best muffins ever when you want something sweet for breakfast. AND…drumroll please…they are good for you! Yep, these bad boys ring in at about 180 calories each. I’ve been eating them in the a.m. before my workout for some energy, they give me just that. You can add blueberries or raspberries if you prefer them over the chocolate chips. I prefer chocolate over anything. You’re welcome.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. flax seed oil
- 1 large egg, plus one egg white
- 1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 heaping tablespoons apple sauce
- 1/2 cup fat free milk, soymilk, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Stevia baking blend, sugar, or honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 cups blueberries or raspberries)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin cups. Stir all ingredients except for chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Divide batter between 12 muffin tins and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown. These will keep for 4-5 days in a air-tight container.