BBQ Chicken Quesadillas with Simple Tomato Avocado Relish
These quesadillas are great if you have leftover chicken to use. I decided to make them because I had a couple of extra chicken breasts, bbq mop sauce, and chipotles left over from the ribs I made the other day. I made these with cheddar cheese but think they would be even better with gouda or a smoky cheese. For a vegetarian option, omit the chicken and use corn. Serve with some black beans and a simple salad of field greens, tomatoes, carrots and radishes tossed with lime juice and olive oil.
- 1 cup diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (fajita size)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle sauce (optional)
2.) In a small bowl, toss together tomatoes, avocado, the juice of half of the lime, salt and pepper. Set aside. In another small bowl, combine sour cream, chipotle sauce, and the juice from the other half of the lime. and set aside.