Healthy Doesn’t Have To Be Boring Chicken Dinner
I have been back on my super healthy kick and have been eating this dinner almost nightly. It is super easy and my fall back recipe that I know is healthy, filling and low fat. I always keep a bag of frozen veggies from Costco and a bag of frozen chicken breasts.
- 2 frozen (thawed) or fresh chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen veggies (mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots), cooked according to package instructions
- 1 package fresh white button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (low cal) or 1/4 cup soy sauce mixed with 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and cook chicken breasts until cooked through about 4-6 minutes on each side. These can also be done on the grill or in a grill pan, however you prefer. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Spray pan again with nonstick cooking spray and add mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook until tender for 3-4 minutes. Pour mushrooms into plate with chicken. Slice chicken into strips. Place 1/2 cup rice on a plate, top with veggies, and chicken breast slices. Drizzle sauce choice over top of plate.