Edamame Puree with Crostini
- 1 bag frozen shelled edamame (or fava beans)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried mint (optional)
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, sliced
- Parmesan cheese curls (a vegetable peeler works well here), for garnish
1.) In a medium saucepan, boil soy beans over medium heat for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water. Place in bowl of food processor or blender. Puree soy beans, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and mint. In a slow stream, add 3/4 cup olive oil. Reseason if necessary.
2.) Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat broiler to high. Brush each side of the bread slices with olive oil and place on baking sheet. Broil on each side for one minute. Make sure to keep an eye on the bread as it will burn very quickly. Remove toasted slices to a serving platter.
3.) Top each crostini with edamame puree and parmesan cheese curls.