Southwestern Potato Salad
I get burned out on regular foods occasionally, which makes me put together more interesting twists on classics, like this one. My husband requested my Sonoran dogs and potato salad for dinner for College Gameday Saturday. Thought this might compliment the dogs quite well. Worked out perfectly!
- 8 medium potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, and diced into 1/4″ cubes
- 1/2 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- pinch cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1.) In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook potato cubes for about 10 minutes until fork tender. Drain potatoes and set aside to cool. When cool, place into medium bowl and add tomato, onion, green chiles, green pepper, cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
2.) In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, garlic powder, chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and mayo. Pour dressing over potato mixture and stir well to combine.